Mini-cleaning is a term that refers to incorporating small bursts of tidying into your daily routine. Believe it or not, you can find small periods of time that could seriously add up to a significantly cleaner home. And best of all, you’ll have more time for fun in your life. If you’re not sure how to mini-clean, read on for some valuable tips.
By getting into the practice of cleaning for short periods of time, you will do away with the need for an hours-long cleaning project each week. Instead, you will only need to dedicate about one straight hour from your day off to do those things you didn’t get to during the week. This saves time and effort which is you can spend enjoying your friends and family.
How to Mini-Clean
Some ideas for mini-cleaning that you can incorporate into your routine include:
- Do a few dishes or wipe off the counters while waiting for your morning coffee to finish brewing.
- If you are cooking or even heating something up in the microwave put away the dishes in the dishwasher, wash a few dishes, wipe counters, or do a quick sweep of the floor.
- When heading to the kitchen, grab some trash or dirty dishes to bring with you if there are any.
- If you are going to the bathroom or laundry room, grab any dirty laundry and bring it with you.
- Do you need a dish or glass, but it’s dirty? Instead of just washing that one dish or glass, take an extra minute to wash three or four more.
- Create a five or 10-minute morning routine with things that you need to do every day. For example, you could switch out the laundry, pick up the living room or do a quick vacuum before leaving the house.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. Once you begin to mini-clean, you will find that your week goes much easier and your home stays much cleaner. But the best part will be that you will have more time while not feeling like you’re doing any extra work.